I have just finished reading Boris Becker's Wimbledon a book my mother was given as a birthday present but wasn't keen on reading. It was an enjoyable read learning a little more about Boris Becker as a tennis player and also Wimbledon itself.
At work I'm reading The Shadow Sister by Lucinda Riley, the third in the series. I've already finished The Storm Sister but have yet to read the first book called The Seven Sisters. They are proving to be very interesting reads.
I've also joined an online class book club which also ties in with art journalling and an ATC swap each month. In a way its kind of a self help book club group and I'm finding the books very interesting and they are definitely books I would not have otherwise read. This months book is called The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.
Last months book was The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks.
My latest stitching project is an Anchor kit called Rainbow Flotilla, one of a set of three that I bought at a craft show a few years back. When finished (lol) they will go in our lounge along with all our other seaside themed pictures.
I have added a few more stitches to this and would say I'm about almost a quarter of the way through minus the back stitch. I'm only working on one project at a time now and alternating with working on something new once I have completed something old.
It took me a while to decide which way to go on the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week but I chose the right hand column, square, wrap and woodgrain in the end.
Once again everything came from the scraps box. I rounded two of the corners of the square patterned paper to go with the scalloped edge card. The wrap was made using one of SU's tag punches and then I run it through my much loved wood grain embossing folder. I tied the wrap together with some brown sheer ribbon and added some foliage, flowers and butterfly from one of my emellishment pots, I even found the sentiment in there. The edges have been inked using SU Soft Suede ink pad.
This week I have again chosen the middle row across, pearls, die cut and butterfly. The heart and flowers are using the SU Bloomin' Hearts die set. I've also used a butterfly stamp from the retired set Papillon Potpurri set and used the coordinating punch. Pearls were added to the flowers and butterflies and finally the sentiment is from Unity Stamps. As usual only paper and cardstock from the scraps box was used.
I'm loving these challenges and at the moment apart from a bit of cross stitching its about the only time I'm getting to craft, mainly due to energy levels.
I've gone for the middle line going across this week, DSP, embossing (dry) and floral.
The DSP is from my scraps box and I've put it in an embossing folder and run it through my Sizzix. I then inked the embossed area to make it stand out in Dapper Denim SU ink. The stamp set is a NBUS and also stamped out onto scraps of card and then punched out with the coordinating punch. Finally a little gem for some sparkle on the flowers.
I've gone for the left hand column of blue, one layer, yellow. I very rarely do one layer cards for fear of messing up with the stamping so this was another challenge I set myself. I went with a very simple balloon stamp set from SU and ink in Tempting Turquoise, Dapper Denim, Daffodil Delight and Wild Honey, with the sentiment in black and some hand drawn string.