Friday 15 January 2016

Journal 52 has a companion

companion1
kəmˈpanjən/
noun.
  1. a person or animal with whom one spends a lot of time or with whom one travels

This week saw the arrival of a sweet little rabbit sent from the lovely Julie of Julie's Stitchyknitter Journal blog Julie sent it to me as a thank you for sending her some sock wool a while back.  The rabbits dress ties in beautifully with my craft room which I am sure was planned by Julie - thank you she is adorable.  All I need now is to think of a name - what would you call her?

Julie sent her to keep me company while I am working on my journals and she is proudly standing by this weeks Journal 52 prompt.  There was a choice of prompts this week, either what are you saying YES to or what are you saying NO to.  I decided to do a page for each word.
What am I saying YES to this year? 

 i love to use quotes as inspiration and I came across the quote 'Belief is the magic key that unlocks your dreams'  I need to believe in my heart that I have the ability to unlock my dreams and that is how this page evolved.  i drew the heart onto some patterned paper and then stamped the key image onto some glittery silver cardstock and added them to the heart.
 What are you saying NO to this year?

 I went with a quote which will hopefully help me say no to feeling guilty over certain issues that I have no control over.  The quote is 'When thinking about life remember this,no amount of guilt can solve the past and no amount of anxiety or worry can change the future'  Once again I have used rubber stamps to obtain the tickets which I stamped the words Guilt Trip on and also the balloons.  I'm hoping that by sending the balloons on their guilt trip will help me with my feelings of guilt.

Lots of lovely bright colours used again this week, maybe that is reflecting how I am feeling about life at the moment - long may this bright and cheerful phase continue.


6 comments:

Karen K said...

Really cute rabbit Linda.....

Love your journal pages and the sentiments behind it.

K xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Very thoughfiul journal entries Linda and beautifully arranged.

Christine said...

I do love seeing Julie's rabbits popping up all over blogland

Julie said...

She looks right at home Linda, hope she behaves herself!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Totally forgot to say how lovely your gift from Julie,is.Look forward to finding out what you name her.

Carol said...

Hi Linda, I'm so glad I found your blog through Julie's because I wanted to thank you for your nice comment on my last post! I love your new bunny and am also the proud owner of one of Julie's darling creations :) Hope 2016 is off to a wonderful start for you!