Sunday 24 July 2016

A leisurely day


What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

It was another glorious summer day yesterday and before I had my nails done we enjoyed a walk up to Plymouth Hoe and sat and enjoyed the sun.  it was lovely to see lots of families out enjoying the sunshine too and of course there seemed to be a lot of people looking for Pokemon.

From The Hoe we walked down to The Barbican and 
enjoyed a delicious ice cream from Langage Farm and sat by the Marina to soak up some vitamin D.


Our week off work is almost over but its been a very relaxing week with lots of nice memories.  Must confess I'm not entirely looking forward to going back to work as within a couple of days it will feel as though we've never been on leave!



2 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a lovely thing to do when you are on leave - Graham & I don't do enough of it - we tend to mainly 'see' the beauty of Plymouth and the surrounding areas when we are taking visitors around! Very naughty, as we are truly blessed living in a place where beauty is only a stone's throw from our door! Have a very lovely Sunday Linda and rest up before your return to work! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Desiree Ehleiter said...

I know how you feel about vacation going so quickly you feel like you were never off. I hardly feel like I have a weekend. I leave work on Friday, and sometimes I feel like I just go back the next day.