Saturday 21 January 2017

Art Journal Adventure 2017

I've been joining in with the Art Journal Adventure being run by Jogglesdot. The first prompt was to complete your cover for the journal.  With it being the year of the rooster they used this theme for their covers and I also went with it but used a quirky bird stamp which is my rooster element.  I'm a hoarder - something I am trying to change this year - but I did recycle some packaging to make my journal with.  I knew it would come I handy one day.




Prompt 2 was texture.  Again I recycled something - cereal packaging this time, cutting the box into four pieces to create some journal pages.  I created the texture using scraps of paper torn and adhered to the packaging and then covered with paint.  This was then partly embossed with an embossing folder and then I sanded the raised areas to show them up a bit more.  Some gliding wax was added to the snowflakes.  I've also used a couple of stamps and then some gorgeous embossing powders from Lindys Stamp Gang.  I've also used Paper Artsy infusions, some splatters of white gesso and finally some clear embossing powder which I then stamped into.  It's been fun experimenting and actually using lots of my stash.

Prompt 3 is mug shot and this is currently a work in progress in my mind - hopefully it will soon transfer onto another page.



5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Lovely work, Linda.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You've made a great start here Linda my friend! It is looking good! I'm a hoarder too and it is holding me back from my re-organising that I want to do, I just keep agonising over what to keep and what not to keep . . . I want to keep it ALL! Have a wonderful Sunday and upcoming week! Hazel xx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Once again, I just have to tell you how creative I think you are! I just love to look at your blog. Amazing!

Julie said...

Great way to recycle your packaging, lovely front cover.

Mrs A. said...

This is a great reuse of the packaging. Did you leave the flaps inside
too? I have loads of these I keep for reusing. I just open them out and turn inside out and reuse for posting stuff. Hugs Mrs A.