Friday 3 November 2017

Current reads

My home reading fiction book is From Rome With Love by Jules Wake.  This book was kindly given to me to read by my friend Chris.  It's a nice light hearted read about a young lady going to Rome to look for her father but in addition there is romance and comedy along the way.  I'm really enjoying this so thank you Chris. 


My magazine reading is called In The Moment Issue 5.  I have bought this magazine from when it first came out.


"In The Moment is a beautiful, practical lifestyle magazine for the modern-thinking creative woman. Enjoy practical creative projects, positive features and stories to inspire, adventures near and far for a healthy body and mind, and ideas embracing every aspect of women’s lives: friends, family, self, work, rest and play! It has a sense of community and fun, and you will be informed and entertained by knowledgeable experts and humorous columnists. With content covering wellbeing, creating, living and escaping, its monthly publication will reflect latest trends and encourage you to make the most of each day by living ‘In the moment’."

I really enjoy this magazine each  month for several reasons.  Firstly, I enjoy quite a lot of the articles as they often give me food for thought. Secondly there is usually a craft related item you can use  - this month there are decorative bookmarks.  You can never have too many bookmarks.


Thirdly, the paper quality is really nice, there are lots of pictures that when I can bear to cut into them would  make great collage pieces so will come in handy for crafting.  The pages are also of good enough quality to make a junk journal out of.


At work I am still reading The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld although I am getting close to finishing that one now.  I only get to read this during my tea break on a Thursday.  It started off quite slowly and I found it difficult to get into at first but as its gone on I have enjoyed it more.  It will soon be time to pick out a new read.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks for the magazine recommendation Linda, i'll have to have a look for that, sounds very interesting.